Sunday, December 06, 2015

RuFFa`s "RePReSeNTiN` [PRoMo CD SiNGLe]"...

What`s up y`all? I hope that all it well with you! Yeah-yeah, I know that it`s been a long while & I bet ya thought I had given up on the ol` blog? Nope, just busy with Life you know the deal if you`re a dad! Anyway, I am back from the hiatus to share with y`all a lil` promo CD single that I dug out & dusted off from my personal collection. I haven`t really seen this online, it may be out there somewhere but I sure haven`t come across it in my searches anyway. This joint was released way back in 1996 thru MCA Records & it`s by Ruffa. Now to be straight up & honest I could not find any info` out there on this kat so I can`t really provide y`all with a BiG write up on him unfortunately. All I can really tell ya is that if you are familiar with the Ragga/Reggae HiP HoP artist Mad Lion & you DiG his tunes then you`ll more than likely appreciate this joint because they`re pretty much from the same lane with the style of music that they do. Ruffa has a voice that sounds like he could be a distant relative of Cookie Monster.....LoL, but not in a bad way, it just gives him a very distinct sound on the mic...


To my knowledge Ruffa has only released one album & a handful of singles in the mid `90's (1995-96). The title of his only album is "A Diamond In The Ruff" which was released in 1996 by MCA Records, once I get a chance to find it in my collection I`ll be sharing it with y`all. Anyway, let`s get back to the single at hand shall we? On this single you get 4 joints in total; the Clean & Dirty Versions, the Instrumental & the Acappella (which is the Dirty Version in case you were curious) of "Representin`". The song was produced by Ruffa himself & also features the always DoPe Kool G. Rap. Both kats spit some straight hardcore lyrics over the beat which doesn`t disappoint either. I have to say that "Representin`" is probably the best song from Ruffa`s debut & only album. So y`all should definitely check this single out & give it a listen...




Label: MCA Records
Released: 1996


1. Representin` [Clean Version] {ft. Kool G. Rap}
2. Representin` [Dirty Version] {ft. Kool G. Rap}
3. Representin` [Instr.]
4. Representin` [Acappella] {ft. Kool G. Rap}








 












N`JoY...

5 comments:

DJ Filthy Rich said...

thanks for upping this old cd single homie. i love finding things you never knew existed

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

Not a problem man, this tune was actually the first song that I heard from Ruffa way back in the day. Thought is was pretty DoPe so I tracked down his debut album years later. It`s OK, but I found that there`s just too many love/R&B vibed tunes on it. I feel that his voice is much better suited for the rough/grimy type of tracks like "Representin`", my opinion of course. Anyway, thanks for peepin` the blog & taking some time to comment. Much appreciated!!!




1

DJ Filthy Rich said...

I agree...he was more suited to the grimy vibe. Especially the faster tempo tracks. I wasn't a fan of the album, but I liked this track, and the track Gangsta over the Flava In Ya Ear beat.
Dope blog homie! Yo, if you wanna post up my 90's Reggae Hip Hop mix on your blog, feel free.

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

Sweet, I`ll gladly post that mix up homie! Folks will definitely enjoy it. Yo, that "Gangsta" joint is bangin`, I remember having it on one of my computers years ago until the sad day that the harddrive crashed. I always wondered if it was Ruffa`s idea to do those love/R&B vibed tunes or if it was his label forcing him to do so. His album would have did so much better sales wise if he had keep those kinda tunes down to a minimum of like 2 & replaced the rest with the grimy style joints...



1

DJ Filthy Rich said...

Cool, lemme know if you need any more info/artwork from me for the mix.

yeah i think it was his label forcing those radio joints. trying to capitalize on the reggae-hiphop vibe that was big back then