Wednesday, February 16, 2011

iLL BiLL`s "GaNGSTa RaP b/w HoW To KiLL A CoP" [12 iNCH]...



 
Was BuMP`n some tapes from my ol` college radio HiP HoP show collection, actual cassettes....LoL, this morning & one of the tracks that was present on a few of the tapes was Ill Bill`s "How To Kill A Cop". I really DiG the evil twist that he put on Redman`s "How To Roll A Blunt". Hearing it made me ask my boy DiRTy KooL AiD if he had the single, his collection is obese hippo~huge so I knew he had to have it. Luckily he did & he decided to rip the 12 inch for me so I could share it with y`all...






I`m not gon` go into a lot of detail about Ill Bill today, I`ll save that for another post `cuz I`m feelin` a lil` lazy...LoL, anyway for those that are clueless I`ll give ya a quick rundown. Ill Bill is producer/ rapper Necro`s brother, he`s a part of the group Non Phixion along with DJ Eclipse, Sabac & Goretex. Together they dropped 2 albums; "The Future Is Now" in 2002 & "The Green" in 2004. On the solo tip he has released 2 albums; "What`s Wrong With Bill?" in 2004 & "The Hour Of Reprisal" in 2008. More recently he`s been working with the group La Coka Nostra consisting of members Everlast, DJ Lethal, Slaine & Danny Boy...





Now let`s get back to this DoPe 12 Inch. "Gangsta Rap" is the first joint on here, this song was also on one or two of the mixtapes I was listening to this morning. It`s definitely another iLL track to BuMP! Sure it`s only one verse & a hook, but the shit is DoPe!! I love the eerie Micheal Myers "Halloween"~type piano & the dark~grimy beat -- Necro concocted the perfect match for Bill`s lyrics...

As previously mentioned above, "How To Kill A Cop" is Ill Bill`s evil & comedic twist on Redman`s "How To Roll A Blunt". Again Necro provides the beat & does a great job puttin` his spin on the already CLaSSiC track while Ill Bill drops the do`s & don`t's of cop~killin`. Ice-T must be lovin` this joint....LoL, do ya`self a favor & check it out...



Label: Psycho+Logical-Records
Released: 1999



A1. Gangsta Rap [Censored]
A2. Gangsta Rap [Original]
A3. Gangsta Rap [Instr.]
A4. Gangsta Rap [Acappella]
B1. How To Kill A Cop [Original]
B2. How To Kill A Cop [Censored]
B3. How To Kill A Cop [Instr.]








N`JoY...

No comments: