Thursday, February 28, 2008

BuDD@H BLe$$eD PReSeNTs - "The LaDy Of RaGe: STReeTs Of RaGe"...


I was an instant fan of The Lady Of Rage as soon as I heard the opening lines from her hit single "Afro Puffs"...

"I rock on with my bad self `cuz it`s a must
It`s the Lady Of Rage still kickin` up dust
So umm, let me loosen up my bra strap
And umm, let me boost ya with my raw rap
`Cuz I`ma break it down to the nitty~gritty one time
When it comes to the lyrics I gets busy with mine"...

She sure does...workin` with KaTS like Chubb Rock, L.A. Posse, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, 2Pac, Bad Azz, Gangstarr etc. Now folkS tell me that she was discovered by the Chubbster, but I`ve also been told that she was down with a crew called The Outlaw Posse consisting of Unique, Kilo & Shahkim who happened to have a production deal with The L.A. Posse at the time. After networkin` with The Outlaw Posse & The L.A. Posse she ended up working on the 1991 L.A. Posse album "They Come In All Colors", around the same time she also had an uncredited appearance as Rockin` Robin on "Bring `Em Home Safely" a track from Chubb Rock`s "The One" album...



Apparently Dr. Dre heard her work on The L.A. Posse album & that`s when Suge Knight called her up & convinced her to head to L.A....we all know what happened then, she signed to Death Row Records & put in work on some CLaSSiC albums, mainly Dr. Dre`s "The Chronic", Snoop Dogg`s "Doggstyle" & the "Above The Rim Soundtrack" which featured "Afro Puffs". She dropped her solo debut in 1997 titled "Necessary Roughness", a year later she left Death Row & the music industry to focus on acting. It paid off, she ended up landing the role as Coretta Cox on the Steve Harvey Show...

Well that`s all I know about homegirl, it really is a shame that Death Row waited so long to release her solo joint. It should`ve dropped around the same time as the "Above The Rim Soundtrack" did to capitalize off the buzz "Afro Puffs" had, but that`s another story. So here`s a lil` Lady Of Rage mix I put together a few days ago. It`s a good collection of her tracks, I just couldn`t find that L.A. Posse album so that`s really all that`s missing. BiG uPs to my lil` bro` for workin` on the cover for me, anyway check out the mix...






BuDD@H BLe$$eD EnT. PReSeNTs - The LaDy Of RaGe: STReeTs Of RaGe
Mixed: February 2008





1. Intro
2. Afro Puffs
3. Afro Puffs [G-Funk Rmx]
4. Sho` Shot
5. Lyrical Gangbang
6. Microphone `Pon Cok
7. Niggas Don`t Give A Fuck {ft. Dogg Pound}
8. Get With Da Wickedness
9. Do What I Feel {ft. Dogg Pound}
10. Stranded On Death Row
11. For All My Niggas & Bitches {ft. Snoop Dogg, Daz & Kurupt}
12. Unfuckwitable
13. You Know My Steez [3 Men & A Lady Rmx] {ft. Gangstarr & Kurupt}
14. Some Shit
15. Bring `Em Home Safely {ft. Chubb Rock & 3rd Bass}
16. Batman & Robin {ft. RBX & Snoop Dogg}
17. Set It Off {ft. Snoop Dogg, MC Ren, Ice Cube & Nate Dogg}
18. Thorough Bitches {ft. Charli Baltimore, Gangsta Boo, Da Brat, Queen Pen & Scarlet}
19. Puffin` On Blunts... {ft. Dr. Dre}
20. Chronic Patrol Break
21. G-Funk Intro {ft. Snoop Dogg}
22. Keepin` It Gangsta {ft. Dogg Pound}
23. A Hold On Hip Hop {ft. Bad Azz & Legacy}
24. Big Bad Lady {ft. 2Pac}
25. Get With Da Wickedness [Rmx]
26. Afro Puffs [Extended Rmx] {ft. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg}





N`JoY...

6 comments:

EDAYE said...

This was needed for sure. Lady of Rage was one of my favorites for a while and I don't think she reached her full potential as an artist. So much talent, but circumstances can change your direction. I did not know about that Chubb Rock connection but I remember that song dedicated to the first Desert Storm War in Iraq in the 90's. That was off of the Chub album "The 1" am I correct?

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

Yes, that track you`re talkin` about is "Bring `Em Home Safely", it also featured 3rd Bass & Red Hot Lover Tone...








STaY BLeSS`n...

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have this unreleased track from Rage called "The set up" which was supposed to be on "Necessary Roughness" I remember before the album dropped several magazines at the time did reviews of the album and this track was mentioned in quite a few. "The set up" featured Nikki D. & Heather B. and it was produced by DJ Premier. I am assuming this track didn't make the final cut and was replaced with the "Get wit da wickedness(Remix)".

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

I`m gon` have to look for that, didn`t even know about that track...










STaY BLeSS`n...

Anonymous said...

Yeah Nikki D. confirmed to me that the track does infat do exist.

HeRBaN LyRiX said...

Well then I`m gon` have to do some more searchin`...














STaY BLeSS`n...